Friday, 30 September 2016

Terradillios de los Templarios to Sahagun about 13 1/2 km



I left before sunrise, I heard the roosters cock-a-doodle-doo, what a delightful sound. As the sun rose it shone on the wheat fields turning them beautifully golden.  3.2km down the path I came to Moratinos; I was thrilled to see little caves which are "bodegas", they were used in the past for food and wine-making. There's only a few Moratinos families who still make wine, but the caves are still used occasionally to store cheese, hams and vegetables. I did knock on a few doors but there was no Hobbits at home.  Their probably walking the Camino.

After a cold drink I came across some trees on the way out of town that had been yarn bombed.  It brought Kadi & Leah to mind.

 This whole area is linked to the Templar order which I find interesting.  Today brought me to the half way mark and into the Provincia De Leon. Another 4.2km I came across Our lady of the Bridge Ermita Virgen del Puente XIIth C a Romanesque sanctuary.

Another 2 clicks an I was in Sahagun.  I was early so had to wait for the Monasterio to open.  Had a shower, purchased my train ticket, bought some lunch and am now sitting in the garden.  Just going to rest this afternoon.  I'll attend my 3rd pilgrim blessing before dinner then eat with the Madres Benedictinas, there serving carne tonight 👏😊 it's been days since I've had any meat.  Until Leon, Buen Camino

4 comments:

  1. You really are getting close even though it may not seem like it. I slept in Carrion, Terradillos and Sahagun also. Smart lady doing the train to Leon. Just a heads up on what I did from Leon. My destination was Villavante but I took a local bus to a little town about 5kms (maybe 7)out of town to avoid all the industrial area. Plus it was majorly hot too. If you stay in Villavante, I advise not staying at the very first albergue that you see from the road--no atmosphere at all. There is another one in town. When in Leon, look for a little cafe right on Cathedral square on the corner facing the cathedral. Great bagels with various toppings. Very near The Albany -- just opposite end of the square. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long is the train ride? Can't wait to hear more about the bodegas, looks like a magical morning...Buen Camino xoxo 🌄

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long is the train ride? Can't wait to hear more about the bodegas, looks like a magical morning...Buen Camino xoxo 🌄

    ReplyDelete
  4. O what a beautiful sight!! I am imagining you on the road as the sun rose. How glorious!! I would like to know more about the bodegas too!! Will google later! Adelante chica!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.