Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Fromista to Carrion de los condes 19.5km


Like I said I had the pilgrim menu at Albergue Estella del Camino; the sopa  was excellente; not sure why I can't eat two entrees though.  Big ass bowl of soup and then 1/4 of a tortilla pie, jamon and roasted peppers, then flan bread and vino!  I was tired so I was in my lovely bed by 8pm, because we checked in as a triple they set up a bed in the breeze way. So I was fortunate to have pilgrims walking by every other minute.  When I finally got to sleep the warden threw on the lights at 6:45 and told everyone to be out by 7:30.  Blurry eyed I made it to the breakfast table by 7:10 and out the door by 7:30.  Oh what fun!  There was this young man who checked in who had been chasing a girl for 47km, had the nastiest looking blisters he'd hoped to stay another night but the warden said no way take your sore ass and fucked up feet and get out!  I'm not going to tell you what nationality they were!  I walked out of town as the sun was rising, it was beautiful and slow.

  There was an option to take the hard way or the rio way, Brad Pitts son, well he looked like Brad to me wandered by an we decided to follow the painted arrows to the right of the rio.  To bad he had a walking partner an his gait is bigger then mine! The rio was a nice change, no big ass rocks or hard ground.  I followed butterflies and listened to the birds chirp.  I crossed over a bridge and heard someone call my name.  It was Virginia an Jennifer, they'd taken the other route.  I had my usual snack a banana an Aquarius.. Several clicks down the way was the church of our lady of the river, stopped for a quick look see then were off again.  I was needing something to eat so got me a huge boccillio.

6 1/2 km down the dusty hot way I reached my next destination Hostel Santiago.  It's a triple room with bedding, towels and a bathtub if ones so inclined.  Yeah my pack was here!  I checked in an went looking for a beer or two .  My two traveling mates like to clean up first.  I found a great bar, after a beer the table next to me started gathering men sound, the cards and euros came out and the drinking an gambling began.  I went to the farmica and got drugs and ice.  Heading back for a shower and then out on the town. I'm on days off!

4 comments:

  1. Yay to days off๐Ÿ˜ƒ. What was in your boccillio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on s hard crusted bread with cheese, ham and tomato. It was as big as my forearm ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  2. I have a faint recollection of Carrion. We managed to find a bar that was having some sort of celebration and karaoke night -- what a blast. I didn't find out until I returned home how I got back to my hotel that night -- was with "family" so all was safe. Glad you got the pack thing sorted out. Enjoy your dirty beers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound good today...butterflies, birds and Brad Pitt lookalike ๐Ÿ˜...sorry for that young man's but glad it's not your feet!! Enjoy your time down xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.