After touring the cathedral I had a couple of beers and a big ass plate of pasta with mushrooms and cream sauce. Wrote some postcards but wasn't able to find any stamps so I guess I'll carry them till the next town. Headed back to my hotel for a siesta, man that felt great! I ran into Heather, she's from Lake Cowichan, she's got bad knees and is struggling to walk anywhere. We had a couple of drinks and chatted, then walked a bit an found another bar; I think we could have a lot of fun but she's on the bus., so most likely won't be seeing her again. Virginia has booked her accommodations from Sarria on ward, she's worried about somewhere to stay. I'm gonna wing it, as I'm not sure if I'll walk the meseta, thinking of biking through. We shall see.
We left Burgos at 7am, it was still dark; you could tell by the condition of the Calles that it had been a Saturday night, garbage and broken bottles and urine stained streets. It was fun but time to get back on the way. We crossed over the Rio Arlanzón and passed the university of Burgos. It's 11.1km to Tardajos, were we stopped for a drink an a bocadillo, it was fresh, so easy to eat😊. As we trudged along we could hear music, it was coming from a beautiful little chapel; we stopped in for a few minutes. Once we reached Rabé de las Calzadas; the Meseta begins a high plain barely covered with trees. Meseta comes from the Spanish word mesa and means table, plate or plain. Today is cloud covered so that made for nice walking. We walked for another 8km, a total of 21 km. We arrived at the meeting place, our Alberque at 12:30. It always feels good to see my pack when I arrive but not today 😂 it was never picked up from the hotel.. Geez I wish I'd known I needed to call the transfer company. The young hospitalera was kind enough to track it down, it'll cost be a few more euros, 25 to be exact so while I wait, the flies buzz around me but my friend San Miguel is here to keep me company.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.