Thursday, 8 September 2016

E = Up Up and Away.....



The excitement started when I realized I hadn't checked in 24 hours earlier... I yelled down the hall for John to help...he calmly went on line and found where I needed to check in.  I then discovered that the error of my name really had not been fixed months ago.  So we had to forgo the coffee with Julia but I did stop by to give Kurt his shell.. As we drove through that lovely rush hour traffic I managed to get my electronic boarding passes.. The young man at Air Canada assured me the name was no issue. Had a quick breakfast with John before I nervously entered the security area where I was asked if I was travelling alone, yeah me; I was specially treated to further inspection. I was asked to take my money belt off and when I received my bin back there was no money belt 😱  I politely asked where it was, I was politely told she had not seen it 😳😱😱 panic was about to set in when she noticed the black belt on the floor under the scanner!  Yikes! Money belt has now been reattached to my hips! The flight was uneventful, I ate my soggy ham sandwich without gagging.  I watched a movie about a down and out chef looking for his 3rd michellan star (Burnt) and a sappy Mother's Day movie helped me pass the 4 1/2 hours nicely.

Leg 2 Montreal to Paris flight AC870 departs at 20:55
Had a $13 glass Pinot Grigio and a crappy Caesar salad at Arcchibald microbrasserie, in the restricted area - international Gate 51. The Arcchibald is apparently known for delicious food; a Caesar salad with capers and hot peppers didn't lift my skirt... Oh ya I'm not wearing a skirt!  No issue boarding with my misspelled name.  I found Seat 54A at the back of the Boeing 777, no seat mates. Took my boots off and got comfortable for the 6 1/2 hour flight. AC870 served a very good chicken and vegetable meal complete with moist brownie and a small bottle of French white wine.  The waitress in the sky even asked if I'd like ice.   Someone on board was giving out some howls in their sleep.  It gave us other passengers a giggle! Watched The jungle book and caught some shut eye.  Deplaning and getting through customs was painless.  The border police didn't even look at me.  Picked up my pack and hailed a taxi, 1/2 hour later I checked into my room.  Gonna grab a shower then go see Paris.

5 comments:

  1. what a start to the adventure ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be toasting you all weekend...starting tonight...love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gees. Money belt on the floor, that's no good. Hope the rest of your travels are smoother and you have a wonderful time in Paris! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gees. Money belt on the floor, that's no good. Hope the rest of your travels are smoother and you have a wonderful time in Paris! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joan! Have a great time in Paris! Hopefully there is much better food there :-) xo

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.