Tuesday, 20 September 2016

Logrono to Najera (La Rioja) 30.4km (^300m + 1.5 km)

September 20, 2016 - LOGRONO TO NAJERA (LA RIOJA)-






What a crazy night in Logrono; we had 8 bunks and only 3 women..  I'm going to try my hardest to avoid that situation again.  The hostel was on the main square where there was hundreds of people celebrating the wine festival.  It was fun to see but very noisy!  So not much 💤💤 well there was some snoring!  We were up at 6 and on the way by 7pm - we left before dawn...big ass walk 👣👣👣👣I've never walked that far so I decided to push my pack and I'm sure glad I did.  It took us 9 hours with a few stops for breakfast and lunch!  It was a really nice day.  Not too hot and a nice breeze blowing through the vineyards.  Brierley says the natural pathways turn to red red clay soil of La Rioja - beautiful in the sun 😄 and a nightmare in the wet as it clings to footwear like a leech! After our lunch stop in Ventosa I put my ear buds in for the next 11 km.  I walked and sang a little and it helped with the rhythm.  My foot was sore but I advilled up and carried on singing, walking on sunshine and to a few Amy Winehouse tunes.  The grapes were so tasty.  I hope I get to see some of the harvest.  Think I've even got some energy to go find dinner and a glass or two of Vino Tinto.  We secured a 3 bedroom with a toilet and shower; what a treat!  So far we've walked about 190km - a quarter of the way!


4 comments:

  1. So glad you didn't have to be 🎶Singing in the Rain🎶 and a smart move to push your pack forward! Sending energy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 👣 Wow! 9 hours of walking! Good thing you've got some good tunes to help pass the time and a comfy room and shower at the end of the day. xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- at this rate you'll be finished long before you start your "vacation". Hope the weather holds for you -- much more pleasant when not blistering hot or pissing down.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.