I have arrived at the starting point of my Camino... It's 3pm and its 26*. It's suppose to reach 32 tomorrow. I will head out right after breakfast. I've met a few women traveling on their own. Veronica is a Canadian from Montreal and asked me to walk up to Orisson which is our next stop. 8km up hill all the way! It was very busy at the pilgrim office but everything went very smoothly. Got my first stamp and a scallop shell. Had a lovely fish dish and a nice cold beer for lunch. Got checked in to the Beilari Aterpea. $30 e for a bunk, dinner and breakfast. There's another Joan staying so the owner thought it was funny to put the two Joan's together. I got there first so I took the bottom bunk 😊. I'm planning on blaming the snoring on him. St Jean is a pretty little town. Terra cotta roofs and cobble stone streets - lots of tourists too. It's quite an assortment of pilgrims from all over, I've met an Italian, German, Dutch, French and lots of Canadians. I ran into Kathy from Tsawwassen. She's feeling pretty jet lagged so will start in a few days. I'm taking a quiet moment after showering and doing my laundry. Tonight we have a communal meal and its lights out at 10pm. Breakfast served at 6:30 - 7:30. Then it's out through the portal
Saturday, 10 September 2016
Saint Jean Pied de Port
I have arrived at the starting point of my Camino... It's 3pm and its 26*. It's suppose to reach 32 tomorrow. I will head out right after breakfast. I've met a few women traveling on their own. Veronica is a Canadian from Montreal and asked me to walk up to Orisson which is our next stop. 8km up hill all the way! It was very busy at the pilgrim office but everything went very smoothly. Got my first stamp and a scallop shell. Had a lovely fish dish and a nice cold beer for lunch. Got checked in to the Beilari Aterpea. $30 e for a bunk, dinner and breakfast. There's another Joan staying so the owner thought it was funny to put the two Joan's together. I got there first so I took the bottom bunk 😊. I'm planning on blaming the snoring on him. St Jean is a pretty little town. Terra cotta roofs and cobble stone streets - lots of tourists too. It's quite an assortment of pilgrims from all over, I've met an Italian, German, Dutch, French and lots of Canadians. I ran into Kathy from Tsawwassen. She's feeling pretty jet lagged so will start in a few days. I'm taking a quiet moment after showering and doing my laundry. Tonight we have a communal meal and its lights out at 10pm. Breakfast served at 6:30 - 7:30. Then it's out through the portal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a great start. Buen Camino!
ReplyDeleteBon voyage 👣👣👣
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete