
Considering I'm sleeping in a room of 8 people and on rubber mattresses I slept pretty good. Up at 6:15 and down at the kitchen by 6:30 only to find all that was left was bread and jam. Tried the coffee but lumps came out of the milk jug 😳 I took a pass. Had some white bread with jam hoping I wouldn't choke on it. We headed out by 7:30 - it was cold but not raining. We opted for a bus ride to Viana but the bus never came so we hooked up with a couple of British people who had bad feet and called at taxi. Should have known it would be a crazy ride. The woman driver shows up minutes later and pops the trunk before she puts it in park; she can't find park so reversed into the Brit putting his pack in the trunk 😱. We settle on 45 e for the trip and in we get in. Full speed ahead. I'm sure she was flying over those hills. Thank god I'm short cause when we landed my head didn't bash into the roof of the car. The ride gave Virginia a headache. I just laughed and put on my seat belt. I guess that's what happens when you ride instead of walk. LOL. We got dropped off in Viana, 10km before Lorgono. I missed the Torres Del Rio; it's a village linked to the Knights Templar and it had a cool octagonal church. But that's the sacrifice. I had a cafe con leche and potato tortilla, which was very good then we struck off. Viana is a very old, medievel village that apparently hasn't changed much - love the ancient streets. We passed into La Rioja the next Province. Lots of vineyards. I did stop to taste the grapes. Tasted pretty good. The field crops are harvested except the grapes, fruit and olives trees. I walked into town with some British folk who had recently been to Vancouver. Chatting and walking brought us to the bridge we cross and into the city. It's Sunday so all you hear are church bells. It's also the start of a weeklong wine festival so the main square where we are staying is crowded and very loud! It's almost 30km to our next destination and I'm thinking of having my pack transported so that I get there before midnight. Should be an interesting night. We're in a dorm of at least 16; mostly men. Maybe one day my room will,look like this chicas.

I wish I had my Brierly book so I could see these places on the map again. It sounds like you certainly have your camino legs happening. Buen camino!
ReplyDeleteYa that's a drag you don't have it! Maybe Google will have something
Deletea fun day along the camino ...
ReplyDelete😳🚖👣👣👣😄
Delete