Friday, 9 September 2016

Hop on Hop Off



Paris.....clear, sunny and 24 degrees

It's been a hop on hop off day. I opted for the green line since I wanted to see the Eiffel Tour.  It was a very long queue to get through security buy a sommet zone and then go through more security checks. Herded and squished into an elevator  up we went.  If I had a nut sack I think it would have shrunk, if that's what nut sacks do when they get a rush of anxiety. Anyways it was crazy busy so I took some pictures and headed back down and hopped back on the bus, I saw about 19 things one's suppose to see.  Took a walk around the Louvre, got some shots of the love locks hanging on Pont-Neuf bridge. I thought people might be hunting Pokemon but most are just self absorbed taking selfies... Think I might throw mine away.  I take terrible selfies 😊 but then again I fit right in!

Popped back into my room for a wee rest before I decided what and where to go next.  I was thinking I'd like to ride on the Seine in one of them there fancy river boats, but it's not the same without my HB so I took a stroll.  The rivers edge was packed with couples sitting drinking beer & wine chatting and laughing as the dinner boats sailed by.  Very cool - never will that be a sight in Canada. Put in about 11km walking the river district; man these Parisians are risk takers. Walkers challenge big trucks, bikes, cars and cyclists all moving in different directions. One could sit in a little cafe and be amused for hours. I finally settled on Los Patios because I could enjoy my dinner while  the jazz quartet played.  No city lights, I'm bagged.  I'll save that for HB 'n me to share one day.  Just enjoying a latte and yogurt before I head to the train station; its a 5 hour ride through countryside to Bayonne the Basque region in Southern France.

Thank you Lattimer family for a most enjoyable day in Paris, hotel Trianon Rive Gauche is absolutely delightful.

3 comments:

  1. Look at you go! You are a warrior. Ha ha nut sacks...I look at my shell every time I am in my Happy Warrior and I think of you out there in this big world <3 Be safe, smile and keep taking selfies :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elevator was far too squishy! Good thing you don't have nut sacks (lol). Hopefully roomier adventures on the train, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much fun those small elevators ... the train should be a bit better ... love train rides

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.