Thursday, 29 September 2016

Carrion de los Condes to Terradillios de los Templarios 27.3km via autobus



Apparently the Counts of Carrion met with premature death by the hands of El Cid after they mistreated his daughters. There are 3 churches here; Iglesias de Santa Maria del Camino which depicts the frightful annual 'tribute" of the 100 maidens demanded of by the conquering Moors. That's enough bastardized history lesson from me.


I had a leisurely morning, my roommates, Virginia and Jennifer; she's from California but originally from New Zealand were up an out the door by 7:30, it was gong to be a long hot day out on the Meseta.  17km without any Water stops.  They asked me to meet up with them in Sahagun; which is a 10km walk for me tomorrow.  I agreed and will see them at the Monasterio de Santa Cruz.  Then I'm on my own again since I'll be taking the bus to Leon if I can find accommodation for Saturday October 1st.  

I spent some time walking around the town, had a cafe an Croissant, they love pastries for breakfast.  I'll take a hard boiled egg, it doesn't even have to be 8 minutes.  I moseyed down to the bus stop, there was several pilgrims waiting, most were going on to Leon. It was fun to watch traffic and people.    I met a wonderful woman Jen and her husband Mike, they've been waking for a month.  Mike is 78, he agreeded to accompany his wife on Camino.  She speaks English, French an German and she's having a ball talking with men sitting around in their underwear on bunk beds.  I suspect it's a little easier with more than one language.  The bus dropped me off around 1pm, I booked a private room 😊, did my laundry an am now sitting on the veranda having a king size Mahou clasica.  The pilgrims who walked today are arriving.  no pictures, from today, wifi is not able to access the camera.
 Until next time Buen Camino 👣👣👣

2 comments:

  1. A private room and a Mahou Clasica on a veranda in Spain! :-) Liking the sounds of that! xo Buen Camino 👣

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.