Thursday, 13 October 2016

Sarria - Mercadoiro 16.8km



Well we must be in Galicia, it's raining. I heard some pilgrims saying it reminded them of Ireland. We had the usual, salad and pasta with wine for dinner.  Then I went to the tienda and stocked up on items for today.  I also picked up a beer to have in the garden while I chatted with John n Julia.  The rain storm waited until I finished my conversations.


The albergue was quiet, it wasn't full.  We were on the way by 7:45.  We crossed over another ancient bridge and wound our way between the river and climbed up through woodland and along country roads, the towns and villages blend together, I like that.  Gives me something to look at besides the ground!  Look at that I found the 100km marker!



We are sitting in the  bar attached to the Albergue,  the fires gong, I'm enjoying a glass of vino tino. and piano music is playing.  It's the same old menu being offered, I'm debating if I should, well at least there won't be any surprises. While  I waited for the weefee, I had a marvelous snooze on a couch in the old stone building with a fireplace.

I'm off Hospital de la Cruz and will be checking into Hs El Labrador a step up from the last few nights 😄 until then keep warm, Buen Camino 👣👣👣👣👣


13 comments:

  1. 100 km!!! We have same weather here today. Can't wait to see some of those old stone buildings and join you in a vino tinto 🍷 The picture of the cows 🐮🐮🐮 and surrounding countryside does indeed look like NZ...Kathy is flying out tonight...we'll all be there soon 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish I was going to be at the end to see you!! Sounds so freaking magical!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. 👣👣👣👣👣👣👣🍾 wish I was there with everyone ... happy 😊 trails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be pretty sweet and very emotional 👣👣👣 working on the last 70km

      Delete
  4. Awesome picture of you @ 100 km marker. Yay! (I can't help thinking some of the Albergue hostesses should have regular meetings about how to change up the menu's) :-)
    Stay dry & warm! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to agree that they could do a better job

      Delete
  5. That is one happy mama in the 100km photo!!! Cheers 🍷🍷 had chili and vino tonight by the fire. Rain in our forecast too. Enjoy your last stretch, we will all be cheering you on as you cross into Santiago. Love you, miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sweet. Yes I'm counting down the days its definitely fall wet and windy I will remember to enjoy the last few kilometres cheers baby

      Delete
  6. It's the home stretch,your people are gathering in person and in our hearts! 💞
    Adelante chica!! 😎🍷🍷☔️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that brings me to tears every time I read your comment I'm so blessed they came all the way to meet me

      Delete
  7. Getting close -- the 100km marker --wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will remember to enjoy the last 70km, take time to look around and take it all in. Wind,
      Rain, cow shit and all. Cheers from a little coffee shop in Galicia

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.