I capped my night with a plate of pulpa (octopus) while I chatted with John, who sorted out my banking issues and with my sister Judy, my blogger guru. I was happy to give some pulpa to other pilgrims to try. After I had my fill I passed it on to the next table and they finished it off.
We tried to be up an gone by 7:30, but it was closer to 8, who can pass up a grande cafe. I amused myself with the designs on the sidewalks until we reached the gravel track. I love the manhole cover, I thought of you Donna D.
We wound are way up through the vineyards, We carried on up an down through the rolling hills down into Villafranca Del Bierzo.
We stopped and had a bocadillo, we needed to fuel up for the next 10km. I had decided that I wanted to take the optional route but when we got to the junction, two locals said in Spanish that it was a proplema, so we opted for the lower road. It felt like I was walking to Squamish, the Rio Pereie was on my left instead of Howe sound.
If I could have found a way to soak my feet in the river I'd still be there. π£π. It's another hot day in Spain, they are having the equivalent extra summer as our Indian summers, ya that's not politically correct but I bet Donald would say Indian too! Hell he'd probably
Y say something far more outrageous. This village (Trabadelo) looks to be a mill town, lots of cut trees stacked on the streets and a sawmill. It's up an over the top of the mountain tomorrow. When I left Villafranca the marker said 187km to Santiago.
Feel free to email me at caminodejoan@gmail.com if you've got something to say. If not until tomorrow Buen Camino π£π£π£π£
I'm with you on the smaller villages -- this is where I tried to slow it down as well as I was finishing too soon. But having said that, I did love Santiago -- so much to see and do if you still feel like walking!! I actually did find it hard to stop walking -- and to this day!! I know the next few days are incline and decline but the "goat path" will not be repeated. Buen camino.
ReplyDeleteI like the smaller villages.. And I'm really thrilled to hear no more goat trails ahead..
DeleteIt was awesome to talk to you - to hear your voice - all the way from Spain :-) Happy Thanksgiving Joan! Hopefully you had a good dinner tonight! xo
ReplyDeletePS - hopefully we can get everyone who is checking into your blog to leave a message here (your blog has had over 3000 views)! So lots of people reading :-)
Love the sign 187ππ Santiago! That plate of pulpa looked chewy π
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving xox
Happy thanksgiving ... love those small villages ... glad to hear there are no more goat trails ... π£π£π£π·π·π·π☀️πthis way to the end of the trail
ReplyDelete