We had a nice dinner at a little bar that serves homemade food... It's a rarity on the Camino. I opted for bacon n eggs. We had the room to ourselves last night, so it wasn't an issue turning on the light at 6:30am. We were out the door at 7:30, the stars were twinkling although it was cold. I'd layered up, you can feel that fall is in the air.
This leg takes you through lots of little villages, it was pretty much up hill so having a few distractions was good. You could see the massive motor way above. The last 1.4km was a steep accent through chestnut trees. Ok that's an acorn tree, just seeing if your paying attention after your glutinous turkey dinners!
As I made my way, I thought of Ruth and her advice to keep the heart rate the same. So I kept the same pace an up I went, sweat was dripping off the end of my nose, but I didn't need to stop. This is the down before the up!
La Faba is a delightful hamlet. We've booked into the Albergue at the bottom of the hill, go figure! Tomorrow the path continues up through the Valcarce valley lined with Spanish chestnut trees. The view is suppose to be splendid but geez the weatherman is calling for rain.. It's thanksgiving, no bird for me.
Theses hills are full of vegetarians. I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. Until I'm up and over into
Galicia Buen Camino 👣👣👣👣
It's looking like a lot if nice weather these last few days. Love the contrast of old and new bridges and archways. Do thet celebrate this holiday in anyway at any time during the year? Thinking of you on the day of Thanksgiving xox
ReplyDeleteI loved this part of the camino -- and I don't think it was just because we were nearing the end. It was the tiny hamlets that really appealed to me and it was even more so in Galicia. Enjoy your remaining days. Buen camino.
ReplyDeletehave you started the count down ... hope the weather is holding out for you ... buen camino☀️☀️☀️👣👣👣👉santiago
ReplyDelete��You are getting so close to your destination!�� Looking forward to reading your posts in the next few days! Stay dry and warm tomorrow!, xo
ReplyDelete