Wow Albergue O. Abrigadoiro was a diamond in the rough! The owner was a wonderful host, he kept the fire stoked for us cold Peregrinos, he fed us an amazingly good cena, vegetable noodle soup, mixed salad, empanadas and grilled pork and for desert chocolate mousse plus the never ending vino tinto. He had classical music playing too.
I had a top bunk, but that's ok... The room was warm and the snoring is getting soothing π or maybe entertaining in the wee hours.
We headed out about 8:15, I'm not a fan of fumbling around in the dark looking for yellow painted on somewhere arrows. We didn't have a reservation for tonight but had our mochila transported to the next destination in hopes when we got there, we'd get a bed. It only has 6. I walked on my own today... I prefer that.. I took lots of rests and caught up with some people I hadn't seen in a few days. I was sitting on a bench chatting and along came Virginia, she didn't want to stop and chat but that's ok...
The trail today was much the same as the previous two, woodlands with chestnut trees. I stopped for lunch in Melide but I didn't try the pulpa. I just can't eat a plate myself. After crossing river valleys I arrived at my Albergue around 3, I ordered a king beer and sat on the veranda cheering the pilgrims walking another 7km. I'm showered and and will finally have some clean clothes. No pilgrim menu tonight. Just gonna figure out the accommodation for tomorrow and the next. So close, under the 50km. My Cherie boarded a plane this morning! Tomorrow I get to see and taste nipple cheese π³ bet ya can't wait to see what that's all about Patti! Until Brea Buen Camino π£π£π£π£
So nice to see you had a hostess that knows how to treat the pilgrims! The way it should be - all along the way :-) Very stoked for you as you walk your way closer to your final destination. Cheers Joan! and Hugs too....
ReplyDeleteTwo more sleeps π Yes I agree they need more hosperilas like him.
Deletegood on you what an undertaking enjoy your two weeks with every love and hugs mamma
ReplyDeleteI feel like a horse, ready for the barn. It's gonna be so good to finish this trek.
Deleteso close ... enjoy exploring Spain πͺπΈ and Portugal π΅πΉ...
ReplyDeleteπππππΌπ·
DeleteYay! We are in Madrid and at our Airbnb π The pictures of the dining table and soup look amazing...I can just see you cheering the pilgrims on...soon xox
ReplyDeleteCool.... your family team is waiting to cheer you on as you finish your pilgrimage! Have a fantastic finish to your epic journey!
ReplyDeleteIt sure is, I'm pretty stoked
DeleteAlmost there -- hard to believe isn't it! Enjoy your last few days and the peacefulness of the camino. Where are you going on "holidays"? Do you know or is it a surprise?
ReplyDeleteSome what of a surprise, Portugal for sure
Delete