Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Muias de Rechivaldo - Rabanal del Camino 16km

This hostel is nothing but fun! Kiko, the host is a riot! He loves my Canadian way, he says I'm on vacation!  Yup I am and any chance I get its gotta be fun.  I put my clothes through the washer an drier! Yeah who likes hand washing!  Shower was amazing! No silly cubical or scummy curtain that sticks to your ass! 😄 I think I really am a princess, not a pilgrim!  But I'm putting my best foot forward.  Btw my feet felt great today, deciding to be kind to myself is awesome!
I'm in a room of six, 3 men and Janis an I.  The top bunk was empty.  We had an awesome dinner!  Yeah. Meat with a bone, did I tell you I love the bone!  It's dark again an I'm sitting in the hallway waiting to talk to saucalita, then it's  off to bed.
It was a great to chat with Emily, she said I almost brought tears to her eyes.  Me I'm happy to say I was able to carry on a conversation without a lump in my throat.

We headed out at 7:30 in search of a cafe, our roommates left around 6am.



We head towards the mountain and tomorrow climb to the highest point on the Camino.  It was chilly when I left this morning so I added my fleece.  Janis walked the first 9km to El Ganso.  It's sad to see the crumbling village.  


I waited for her at the cowboy bar.  When I approached the bar I was laughing and saying is this where they great you with "Hello Pilgrim". Someone asked if I was the one giggling on the Camino, yup when I'm not winching in pain. (I'm not really).  When I went into the bar I asked for Agua since it was only 10:30 and I don't imbibe while walking but the bartender said only whiskey.  



It was another 7km to Rabanal, it was hot and my feet were tiring.  It wasn't to long before I came across a knight and his falcon.



I stopped and I was thrilled to see Jen, man she's a hoot.   She needed to elevate her feet so she just flopped on the ground.



From there it was a bit steeper accent through woodland, holm oak and pines.  but I asked my people on the other side to help me, they obliged and I arrived at my destination at 1 pm. I'm showered fed and thinking of a siesta before attending the pilgrims mass before the steep path over Monte Irago.



Buen Camino 👣👣👣

7 comments:

  1. I know you're getting towards the end but you are sounding like you are actually enjoying it!!Not that you haven't all along but maybe it's just the camino as it does make a change in how you think and feel. Much better than just getting a beating!! lol You're close to Galicia and in spite of cow shit and the constant reminder of it, it was one of my fave places to walk -- or maybe I was just used to the every day slog. Buen camino!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you areally having a great couple of days! I'm so glad your feet are giving you a reprieve. Happy to hear you are having a little fun. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures! I'm liking the one of you in front of the bar. How many "booties" have you gone through for your poles so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only brought one pair, I sure love them, they are so quiet. Yes it was fun walking into it an asking if this was the Howdy pilgrim bar.

      Delete
  4. Love the photos...especially your falcon one and Jen on the ground!😄 Canadian ways are good ways...Buen Camino 🍁 👣👣👣👣 🍁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya that falcon was amazing. An Jen is too funny! Her an her husband are in their seventies. They've been walking for months

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just laughed out loud at my desk. You are too funny. Your friends look like riots, too! Can't wait to have you back and share a laugh together. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.