Sunday, 2 October 2016
Leon - Alt. Villar De Mazarife 25km
Yesterday afternoon I was sitting in the common room at the Albergue and a woman sat down beside me, I introduced myself, Janice is from Edmonton and has been in Leon for 3 nights as she's been blessed with Achilles tendinitis, the doctor prescribed pain killers and rest. We got to chatting an I told her I had a box of 600mg ibuprofeno and that I was taking 3 a day. She asked if we could do a drug deal.😱 So now I'm in possession of painkillers, chances are I won't be using them. Framacia told me not to mix drugs. Anyways it was to early to contact my physiotherapist; it was Saturday and she was probably sleeping. So Janice an I walked over to a little bar and consumed our share of vino an cervazas; the chef gave us a plate of paella, good thing Janice is Scottish, she can't waste anything so she ate it 😀 round two we were presented with a plate of homemade potato chips, ok that was no problem, then plates of olives. Needless to say we didn't need to find any cena. Back at the Albergue I taped her foot per Kadi's instructions. Was in bed fairly early.
I tried to call a taxi from the Albergue around 7:30 but it's Sunday an all I got was a busy signal. I started walking an thought I'd just hail a taxi, that didn't work either, no worries. I was able to see a few other sites I'd missed yesterday.
It took me about 2 hours to reach La Virgen Del Camino 10.8km to the Option. I had a cafe then found the scenic route. I walked through peaceful hamlets an villages, the stretch between Oncina an Chozas de Abajo was long an hot so I plugged in and carried on down the way. 4.2 clicks I was at San Antonio de Padua. I arrived at 2:15. I'm probably the only Canadian. It'll be an interesting night the beds are touching each other. Virginia would have a fit 😀. She's in Leon in a smancy hostel Boccalino. I passed on the communal dinner, their serving paella, need I say more! Tomorrow I'm only walking 15km to Hospital De Orbigo. I'm trying to break up the stages, next few days will be lots of elevation. Until then.
Buen Camino 👣👣👣👣
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You seem to be bearing up well considering the physical stuff you are going through. I was so fortunate not having to suffer any of that. I thoroughly enjoyed the "mindless" walks I had early in the a.m. I think I walked for many kms without a single thought at this point on the camino. One step at a time -- buen camino.
ReplyDeleteI know it is making this Camino a lot more difficult
DeleteBuen Camino ... 👣👣👣🍷🍷🍷😃😃😃
ReplyDeleteHi Joan, I'm wondering if your Fitbit gives you an average km/hour that you are walking? (You've got quite a fast pace going on).... Buen Camino!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it would, but I lost the charger in the first few days.
Delete