Monday, 17 October 2016

Castaneda - Brea No 36 22km


When I reached my pension "The Way" the marker said 25km to Santiago πŸ˜„πŸ‘£πŸ‘£ They say the 1st part of the Camino is physical, the second emotion and the 3rd spiritual.  Today I must say I did feel  spiritual.  As I walked through the pathways lined with chestnut and eucalyptus trees I really felt that my grandad was taking a walk with me, he would have loved those trails.  It was a drizzly day and I can just see him in his surrey sweater,  cap and gum boots having a smoke.  It's weird when you walk for hours and hours what the mind conjures up.  Maybe it was all those nut trees.



When I was leaving Ribadiso there was a woman on the hill struggling, she was limping badly,  when I approached her I asked if she was ok, she said she's fallen a few days back, her ankle wasn't broken. Maryanne from Germany was gonna walk 5km an then get a taxi.  I offered to tape her ankle, which I did and then carried on.  She managed to get to Arzua.  Crazy!  I also saw Kathleen n Jessica. Kathleen had been singing my praises and calling me Joan of Arc, the first aid supplies I'd given her was working.  She's slowed her days down but at least she'll finish.


I'm back walking on my own, and I love it, I booked a pension on booking.com.  I'm in a single room with my own bathroom and a balcony.  The host Roger doesn't have a pilgrim menu but he's got all kinds of takeout menus.  Once I was showered I went down to the kitchen for some wine. 3 Euros for the bottle. 🍷🍷🍷 I ordered a ham n pineapple pizza and chatted with Roger.  He opened The Pension on The Way 3 years ago. It's open from May 1st till end of October then he goes home to England. My pizza arrived hot, I ate 1/2 a large so it must have been good.  Roger booked me into Casa Lavacolla, it's about 15 Kms.  Hopefully it won't rain.  John, Raye, Mike and Jackie are in Madrid.  I wasn't able to meet up with Kathy and her musicians, maybe in Santiago.  Until Lavacolla Buen Camino πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£

9 comments:

  1. Looking good Mama!!!! Your image of grandad is so vivid - those but trees must have been so inspiring! Love you and miss you, you are almost there. So excited for you to be on the last spiritual leg of your journey ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks baby girl.. It's been a hard walk but very cool too. The woodlands are so soothing to walk in, much nicer then the rocks! Love you!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Awesome photo of you...you're shining!! Grandad would love that you were inspired in the nut groves...sooner xox Buen Camino πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸ‘£

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I guess I clean up pretty good! It was a very cool day in the woodlands!

      Delete
  3. wow I can see wes along with you your dad is probably cheering you on also. for me to be able to see all you have done through your eyes love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG -- just reading that last post made me all teary eyed. I know just how you feel and the experiences and feelings were very similar for me. Galicia was my favourite province as I mentioned earlier and I know it wasn't just because the end was near. I treasured my solo morning walks. I'm excited for your soon-to-be walk into Santiago. Buen camino.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good 😊... have fun πŸ‘£πŸ‘£πŸΎπŸŽ‰

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sentimental journey and post .... awesome picture of you! !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow.... you are almost there! Thanks for bringing us along on your pilgrimage! Hey.... here is a chance for you to win ANOTHER pair of Adventure Poles, in case you have worn yours out and have other adventures in mind... LOL..... http://www.hikebiketravel.com/43635/nordic-walking-why-you-need-to-try-it-a-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.