Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Brea - Lavacolla 18km
I enjoyed my evening at the pension, I sat out on the deck for a bit, then looked at my pictures and read my blog, chatted with Liz before she heads to Maui while I finished off the bottle of wine.
I left about 8:15am, It was clear and just getting light. I walked for 8kms before I stopped for a cafe. I just love the smell of the eucalyptus trees. There was plenty of pilgrims at the bars but I was fortune to walk pretty much on my own.
It's so hard to sit and wait, I know Santiago is up the way 10kms but I will go find something to eat and rearrange my pack. I slowed the afternoon by stopping in at a few bars and having a cervaza. You can feel the excitement, I'm sure there will be a few parties in Santiago. Until then Buen Camino π£π£π£π£
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wowee -- not many more steps. I had such a garble of feelings at this point -- can't truly remember them all but surreal was included. I couldn't actually believe it was coming to an end. Enjoy your final steps. You'll be signing your compostela very, very soon.
ReplyDeleteproud of you I bet you can't wait for your cheering section. have a wonderful time and get raye to hug and kiss you for your mamma
ReplyDeleteHi Joan! I had another look at the postcard and the length of the Camino - what you're about to finish in the next day is no small "feet" (pardon the pun .... "feat"!!). So very awesome! :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat talking to you this afternoon. We are packed and ready to hop the train in the morning! Yes there will be a party! Spanish wine and olives are a good start xox Buen Camino
ReplyDeletethey do have some of the best olives ... have fun ... congratulations ππΎππ
ReplyDeleteWill be thinking of you throughout the day tomorrow Joan. What an accomplishment! Savour each step along "the way." So nice your family will be waiting for you. Enjoy the celebration. God speed!
ReplyDeleteI am almost tearing up! This is incredible!!!! What a journey you have been on. You should be one proud Momma Bear :)
ReplyDelete