Monday, 15 August 2016

Making some plans....



My first 4 nights are booked.  Feeling blessed; Terry (my Godson Kurt's  dad) booked me a room in the Left Bank neighbourhood of Saint-Germaine-des-Pres.  After a whirlwind tour I board TGV for a 5 1/2 hour train ride to Bayonne, located at the northern most point of the French Basque Country, where the Nive and Andour Rivers meet. Bayonne is known for its chocolate and ham, yup I will be sampling some along with a little wine.  September 10th it's all aboard for a quick train ride to St-Jean-Pied-de-Port a beautiful bustling French market town in the foothills of the Pyrenees and the starting point of the Camino Frances.  I'll check into Alberque Beilari where I will share a communal evening meal. It's  located right across the street from the Pilgrims office where I will register my Credencial del Peregrino and pick up a scallop shell.  After strolling around the  medieval town the next morning I will go through the portal, Porte d'Espagne an make my way to Refuge Orisson an 8km climb.  



5 comments:

  1. Exciting times!! We will be following you every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to hearing all about your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just hoping I can get blogging to work for me--not very computer literate. I really want to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie, it's working post away

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting excited for you. Can't wait to follow your adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.