One month from today I will be on my way...these past few months have been challenging, first my teeth gave me hell but after two root canals and a weaker bank account the throbbing is gone! My sweet physiotherapist is working hard to get my planter fasciitis under control along with my wrist which I injured last month. That's 3 and that's enough! Although I will be walking the Camino solo I have been training with friends. When I need some elevation training we head for the hills. We've hiked in White Rock, part of the Trans Canada trail on Burnaby mountain, High Knoll at Minnekhada, Mount Royal in Montreal, Kanaka Creek in Maple Ridge, Tin Pants in Whistler, Dog Mountain on Mount Seymour and Teapot Hill at Cultus lake. As I looked back at my trekking album I see we've logged a lot of kilometres, some under the full moon, some in very wet conditions, on beaches and just because I needed to train. I thank you all for joining me on my training sessions. I'm still asking myself if I can walk 25 km a day for 36 days? Slow and steadily I will make my way from St Jean Pied De Port to Santiago de Compostela.
Buen Camino
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.